Monday, November 8, 2010

The siege is over

About 4 weeks ago, through strange circumstances, I lost my job at Huffman heating and A/C. In the time of my unemployment, I went through some fun and trying times.

About a week after I lose my job, I go to a music store to apply, I don't get an application, I wind up looking at guitars,and buying one, (a squier, made by fender) despite the fact it cost about a month rent for me, and I knew it would be cutting it close come time rent was due.

Well I was doing daywork, and working to get a CDL to be a driver for my brother in law. However, there was a check in my spirit, saying "wrong way". So I wind up telling bil in a less than smooth way, that I am not interested in truck driving job, and for a time drop even daywork with him.

As the time rent was due approached, I knew I needed a bit more money to make ends meet, so I scrapped an old clunker I never got running good, and took up daywork with bil again.
and the a day or two before bills were due , I had enough to cover all my bills and have $20 to spare for gas, this was about week 3

During weeks 1 and 2 were the truck driving endeavor, middle of week 2 I got a contact for work, doing contract A/C work in the nearby town of Ballinger( I go out to Ballinger on a weekly basis already, I am involved with a ministry out there)so I accept ,yet company is waiting on a contract to go through( when it does I will have work). As I was waiting for work I continued to apply, now for part-time during unusual business hours(anything not 8-5) so when contract goes through I can work there and keep part time job.

After A bit Wal-Mart contacts me,able to give me hours suitable to keep work,ministry, and some level of life. So I go to the interview for part time cashier, and get a job as an assembler. They changed my position before I was even hired, lol. And today was my first day at walmart, the wrist slittingly boring orientation as I am "educated" (brainwashed) on walmart policy was what I had today and may have to some level tomorrow. But I am very glad to back to work.

No comments: