Thursday, June 3, 2010

I have returned

Hey followers and other various readers.

Since I last posted I have been in search of a way into missionary work. First was into Turkey. That fell through in the first interview(no prior experience in the field)trip was at least a year commitment.

Next, was Kenya, Africa. A friend of mine was going, and I showed interest,and talked with the guy he was going with.I was accepted on to the team... but the trip never got organized fully( the guy felt he was called to South America instead).in the time before the trip fell through I got a passport, after a couple months the trip fell through.

Then about a month ago, i saw my friend Lane was going to Brazil, so I jokingly asked him " hey can I go?". and was going to leave at that, but people persisting asking me "so Tommy, have you talked to Mark about going to Brazil?" I finally got his contact info, and called him.He told me he would pray about putting me on the team. About when I had forgot about talking to him, i got a call saying "hey Tommy, I have an application for you to fill out for the trip".

Since being accepted onto the team, I found out about an "extra" in the trip( a Preacher/Teacher position you could apply for)that only I was eligible to apply for, due to age. I kind of considered it, but decided " I'm no communicator" and was going to let it slide.....a couple days later Mark called me, informing me of this position possibility, and saying I really think you would enjoy it. So I fill out the application, fax it in, and have now been accepted.

So now I am not only going out of the country, but completely out of my element. I suppose now is the time to take up the rebeloutonary battle cry. Do Hard Things!

I hope I have composed this post in a semi-coherent fashion. Thank you for your time and God bless.

3 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

I am proud of you! And glad you are back to blogging. So does this mean you are going to have a speaking role of some sort on this trip?

Becky said...

Yeah, like preacher.

Tommy said...

As Becky said "yeah, like preacher."